Progress… YES?

04.12.2009

After dealing with several challenges during the installation, I have successfully installed Oracle Apps on Oracle Enterprise Linux.  I’ve spent some time on the post-installation checks.

One of my specific challenges was that I already had the Oracle database installed previously.  This was causing some conflicts as the environment was not getting setup correctly.

Another issue that I faced was a problem with libdb.so.2.  This required creating a symbolic link as shown below:

root@localhost ~]# ls /usr/lib/libdb.so.2
ls: /usr/lib/libdb.so.2: No such file or directory
[root@localhost ~]# ln -s /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/libdb.so.2
[root@localhost ~]# ls /usr/lib/libdb.so.2
/usr/lib/libdb.so.2

The next issue I faced was to do with creating the Login Page.  I kept getting an error…

checking URL = http://localhost.localdomain:8000/OA_HTML/AppsLogin

RW-50016: Error: – {0} was not created:
File = {1}

I got around this by unlocking the Oracle accounts, running autoconfig, and bouncing the services.

Finally, I was able to see the login page and login as sysadmin.  I went to open the Applications by clicking on one of the forms and I faced another problem.  When opening the forms I received another error.

FRM-92101: There was a failure in the Forms Server during startup. This could happen due to invalid configuration
Please look into the web-server log file for details

Details…
Java Exception
oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException:Forms sessionfailed during startup:no response from runtime process
at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown source)
…………………………………………………………..

I looked into the forms server log file which is given below
$LOG_HOME/ora/10.1.3/opmn/forms_default_group_1/formsstd.out

and found the following error

testMode: false
09/04/09 08:12:17 Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.0.0) initialized
09/04/09 08:14:27 ListenerServlet init()
09/04/09 08:14:28 Forms session aborted: runtime process failed during startup with
errors /u03/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/frmweb: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.2: ELF file data encoding not little-endian

This required installing the openmotif package from Oracle’s download site http://oss.oracle.com/projects/compat-oracle/files/Enterprise_Linux/  The following package was missing: openmotif21-2.1.30-11.EL5.i3861.rpm

After trying again, a similar error appeared:

09/12/04 11:55:22.317 formsweb: Forms session <1> aborted: runtime process failed during startup with errors /u01/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/frmweb: error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Metalink says the following about the libXP package…

The  i386 version of the libXp package is missing. The Oracle Universal Installer ( OUI  ) requires the file libXp.so.6 and this file is installed with the package libXp in RHEL 5 and OEL 5.

Issue the following to confirm the missing rpm:

% rpm -qa –queryformat “%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})\n” | grep libXp

The package libXp was not installed in RHEL 5/OEL 5 with default RPM packages, so it will need to be installed manually.   In RHEL 4 this file was provided by the package xorg-x11-deprecated-libs which is installed with default package installation but this is not the case for RHEL5/OEL5 and is now provided with a different rpm, the libXp rpm.

Install the package libXp by the command:

# rpm -ivh </path/to/>libXp.<version>.i386.rpm

Unfortunately, I did not have the DVD in front of me, so I found the RPM on http://rpm.pbone.net

[root@localhost tmp]# rpm -ivh libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5.i386.rpm –nodeps
warning: libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID a7048f8d
Preparing…                ########################################### [100%]
1:libXp                  ########################################### [100%]
[root@localhost tmp]# rpm -qa –queryformat “%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})\n” | grep libXp
libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5 (i386)

After installing the libXp, my Apps Forms opened up at last.

At Last, I have my Vision instance up and running.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Technorati
  • Twitter

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Copyright 2009 Oracle-Developer.com